At Adept Payments, we know accepting credit cards at your place of business is crucial to your company’s success. There are over 100 million households with more than one credit card—more than ever. Credit cards are consumers’ preferred method of payment.
With Reward Points, cash back offers, and Apple Pay, convenience for your customer at the point of sale (POS) can substantially increase sales and revenue. Online credit card processing for small businesses is just as important for selling your products and services.
Adept Payments empowers merchants by providing payment options that allow them to accept credit cards and all forms of electronic transactions. No matter how your business operates, we have the right solution and service to capture your desired customer, at a fraction of the cost.
How to Choose the Best Credit Card Payment Processing Company for Small Businesses
Choosing from payment processors requires weighing the individual needs of your business. A processor that’s good for one may not be the best option for another. When looking at credit card processing companies for small businesses, consider the following factors:
- Online vs. In-Person Sales Volume: What types of processing services does the company offer? Some focus on POS systems and provide equipment such as card readers. Others specialize in online/mobile payments, in which case you’ll need a virtual terminal and secure payment gateway.
- Sales Volume: Many credit card processors strongly weigh on the scale of your business. Both transaction numbers and dollar amounts processed are considered. Most of the time, processing high volumes of credit cards per month leads to lower per-transaction rates.
- High- or Low-Risk Business: Some credit card processing companies won’t work with high-risk These include businesses with a high chargeback or fraud rate, overseas headquarters, or questionable legality of products or services. High average cost purchases and the business owner’s credit can factor into risk as well.
Understand Your Rates
The rates for merchant credit card processing for small business depend on several variables. These include transaction volume, average transaction size, and types of payment cards customers use. Rates are also affected by the ratio of chargebacks to total transactions. The effective rate, or total fees charged by the processor divided by the total amount processed, is also a consideration
As a small business owner, you also need to consider:
- Overall Costs: Including setup fees, transaction fees, interchange fees, and early termination fees, as well as overall pricing structure of a merchant account
- PCI Compliance: Your business and data will be more secure if the provider complies with all Payment Card Industry guidelines. If not, you could face security and legal repercussions.
- Flexibility: Try to avoid long-term contracts if possible. For many businesses, a month-to-month contract is more practical.
- Types of Payments Accepted: Ensure the processor is open to accepting payments from all major credit and debit cards. Your business can then make it easier for customers to make purchases.
- Customer Support: Although the latest technologies are more reliable, issues do occur. Check that the company offers 24/7 support so any disruptions will be minimal.
Why Small Businesses Choose Adept Payments
At Adept Payments, our process is fully transparent and focused on helping businesses become more profitable. Our pricing model includes a lowest-rate guarantee plus no contracts, termination fees, or any hidden costs. The latest credit card processing systems for small businesses are available, including EMV Level 1 and 2 compliant readers that work with magnetic strip and chip cards.
Personalized customer support means our underwriters can get you approved in a few hours. Also, our team is available whenever you need assistance. You’ll even receive a personal cell phone number to reach out to an agent at any time.
For more information on our mobile, credit card, and online processing solutions, reach out to Adept Payments at 888-732-3838. We’ll help find the best credit card processing solution for your small business.